An advertising ID is a unique, alphanumeric, user-resettable string that allows advertisers to pseudo-anonymously track user ad activity. It’s assigned by the device or operating environment and stored directly on the device itself. Device IDs are the easiest ways to identify mobile users as it allows advertisers know when a user has engaged with an app. An app install, for example, is a commonly tracked conversion using an advertising ID. Users can opt-out of profiling and the delivery of personalized ads.
To find your device’s advertising ID:
• Android devices – To find your Google advertising ID (GAID), open the Settings app on your Android device, click on Google, and then select “Ads” under Services. Your GAID will be listed at the bottom of the screen.
• iOS devices (iPhones, iPads) – Unfortunately iOS does not provide a way for you to see your device’s advertising ID (IDFA). There are some free third-party apps available in the App Store that will display your IDFA. Below is a list of apps published by the mobile measurement partners (MMP) that we and our advertisers work with:
– Adjust Insights, by Adjust
– My Device ID, by AppsFlyer
– Branch – Device ID Finder, by Branch
– My Device Identifiers, by Kochava
– Singular Device Assist, by Singular