Tapjoy Publisher COPPA Compliance Disclosure
As part of Tapjoy’s ongoing commitment to a safe and transparent platform, we are asking our app publishing partners to confirm their commitment to the privacy of young users in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA). We want to ensure that apps on the Tapjoy Network are properly identifying users under the age of 13, as well as any apps directed to children, for exclusion from behavioral advertisements. Official guidance about how COPPA applies to your app can be found here; please click here to login to your Tapjoy dashboard and confirm your own app(s) is COPPA-compliant. For more information, please refer to our updated Publisher’s TOS.
For each app associated with your account, please read the following statements. To continue using Tapjoy monetization, either statement 1, statement 2, or statement 3 (plus either subpart A or B) must be correct for your app(s). If this is not the case, reach out to us as directed below:
(1) This application is not directed to users under the age of 13.
(2) This app is not distributed inside of the United States, so COPPA is not applicable.
(3) This application is distributed inside of the United States and directed to users under the age of 13, and uses one of the following approaches for COPPA compliance:
- (A) This application(s) uses the Tapjoy SDK Privacy flag to identify users under the age of 13.
- (B) This application(s) does not use the SDK Privacy flag, but another method (for example, an Age-Gate) is used so that no data is sent to Tapjoy for users who are under the age of 13.
To continue using Tapjoy monetization, either statement 1, statement 2, or statement 3 (plus either subpart A or B) must be correct for your app(s). If none of the representations are correct, or if you have any questions on how to properly handle COPPA compliance in your application(s), please contact us at email@example.com.